Whether you are looking for something thoughtful, fun, or funny, I’ve gathered up forty 40th birthday gift ideas! Including some for men, too!
1. Something fabulous from our Women’s Gift Guide! (Of course, I had to put that first on the list!) Fabulous statement earrings or the it bag of the season.
4. Festive “40” cocktail napkins like these kitschy napkins for more elevated try these Hibiscus Linen napkins. Party idea: have everyone bring one cocktail napkin and she’ll have a collection that’s a conversations starter for years to come.
6. Show love to her birth year with a cute tee shirt.
9. Make her laugh with a funny wine tumbler and a mini bottle of rose or champagne.
10. Of course you can always go the yard route: with a Card my Yard sign, yard balloons or 40 kistchy pink flamingoes:).
11. Swoon-worthy entertaining gift crate from Simone LeBlanc.
12. Charm Bracelet – Have her close friends/family members, or party guests, gift her a meaningful charm to add to a charm bracelet she’ll just adore.
13. Fabulous art she’s been eyeing or a gift card to my favorite online art source: Well and Wonder.
14. A birthday trunk of candy!
15. Give her 40 envelopes with 40 messages from friends and family or a “40 Reasons Why I Love You” Poster.
16. Give her a meaningful keepsake box full of messages from loved ones using Boombox Gifts.
18. Give her a bottle of champagne for each holiday during her 40th year (Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, etc.)
19. Coordinates bracelet with the coordinates of a meaningful place.
20. Beautiful statement piece for her dining room like a Herend soup tureen, a personalized
21. Gift her a oil or watercolor portrait of her children. Susan Woodard Watercolors has unique faceless pantings.
23. Take her on a wine tasting tour at a local winery or host a private wine tasting with friends in her home (or your home!).
24. Gift her a floral arranging class.(Dallas friends: see this post.)
25. Gift certificate or membership to a Drybar type blow out salon.
26. Treat her to a beautiful bike cruiser with a wicker basket!
27. Gift certificate for a cooking class. Sur Lab Table and Central Market offer fantastic ones. Pair with a beautiful cookbook like this new one.
28. Gift her a new hobby by gifting a calligraphy (Paper Source), painting, or glass blowing class! Hibiscus Linens offers private classes in your city by request which make for a fun little party with friends!
29. Lunch and spa day. Have lunch, sip wine, and let her RELAX.
30. Girls’ Trip! Need I say more!
For the guys…
32. Treat him all year with a monthly wine club subscription.
33. Make him laugh with a t-shirt.
34, Tell him he’s aging nicely like a nice bottle of Bourbon. Really wow him with Blaton’s or Pappy’s.
35. Texas boys would appreciate custom cowboy boots. (Romas in Dallas is reputable; Tecova’s in Austin, Mr. Leddy’s in Ft. Worth, Micron Crosby in Highland Park Village).
36. Send him and his besties on a guided fishing or hunting trip.
37. Similar to the champagne idea, give him a nice bottle of red wine for to open at every holiday during his 40th year.
38. Give him this good-looking bottle of tequila!
39. Have people send short videos and put together a “40 Reasons We Love Dad.” Or rap them out to make a music video;). WeTribute is great for this!
40. Retro Candy Box from Amazon or Dylan’s Candy Bar.
What have you given or received for 40th birthday gifts? Readers love finding new ideas so comment below.
And share or please pin this post for future reference!
Photo: Couronne Boutique