Whether you are looking for something thoughtful, fun, or unique, I’ve gathered up forty 40th birthday gift ideas — including some for men, too! These gifts are perfect for any milestone birthday, really. So if you’re celebrating someone turning 30, 40, 50, or beyond, I think you’ll find the perfect something for anyone you love!
1. The Hermes Clic H Bracelet is a coveted item, and one that anyone would swoon over upon opening!
3. Treat her to this beautiful Diamonds by the Yard Necklace from Tiffany’s. Anything in a little blue box would be a memorable gift!
4. A beautiful statement piece for her dining room, like this Herend Soup Tureen, is perfect for anyone who loves to host.
5. Custom Miron Crosby Cowboy Boots would be such a fun gift!
6. Any bag from Chloé would be a delight, and I especially love the crossbody bags.
7. A piece of meaningful art for her home — a commissioned piece, something from a local artist, a painting of a location special to her — would be a very thoughtful gift.
8. Gorgeous luggage from Louis Vuitton would be an heirloom-worthy gift for anyone who loves to travel!
10. These hand-blown, handcrafted glass match strikes are a gift she’ll cherish forever.
11. These colorful wine glasses are one of the most popular gifts on our Gift Guide! Pair with a nice bottle of her favorite wine.
12. Fun mahjong accessories she’s been eyeing in a pretty gift basket!
13. A tennis notepad — with a date on the calendar for a friendly match!
14. Customize a pretty drinking tumbler just for her (and add a gift card to Starbucks or Sonic — or wherever she likes to go for a midday pick-me-up)!
15. Sarah Bray hats are a lovely gift for anyone who loves to garden or spend time outdoors.
16. I love these Neely and Chloe accessory bags for elevated organization when I travel.
17. Remind her that her future is bright with a fun pair of Goodr sunglasses!
18. Pair these rosé eye patches with a bottle of her favorite rosé!
19. How cute are these Pickleball Paddles?!
20. Nothing is sweeter than a birthday trunk of candy!
21. Plan a girls’ trip or a couples’ trip with friends! Need I say more?! See this post I wrote about a new favorite spot in Seaside — would be a great spot to visit!
22. A spa day. Have lunch, sip wine, and let her RELAX.
23. Visit a local winery, or gather a group and head to a local food festival.
24. Gift certificate or membership to Drybar or another fabulous salon for a blow-out.
25. Gift her a floral arranging class. (Dallas friends: see this post)
26. A custom portrait of her family or children would be such a sentimental gift.
27. Tennis or pickleball lessons — and even more fun with friends! Great to pair with the cute pickleball paddle above, too.
28. Boombox Gifts help you celebrate loved ones from afar in really meaningful ways. Something she’ll cherish forever!
29. Send her a tribute video! Have friends and family send you video messages, and then send to her on her big day. WeTribute is great for this!
30. Gift certificate for a cooking class. Sur Lab Table and Central Market offer fantastic ones. Pair with a beautiful cookbook like this new one.
For the guys…
32. Treat him all year with a monthly wine club subscription.
33. Make him laugh with a fun novelty t-shirt.
34. Tell him he’s aging nicely like a nice bottle of bourbon. Really wow him with Blanton’s or Pappy’s!
35. Texas men would appreciate custom cowboy boots. Romas in Dallas is reputable, as are Tecova’s in Austin, Mr. Leddy’s in Ft. Worth, and Miron Crosby in Highland Park Village.
36. Send him and his best guy friends on a guided fishing or hunting trip.
37. Give him a nice bottle of red wine to open at every holiday during his 40th year.
38. Give him this good-looking bottle of tequila!
40. Retro Candy Box from Amazon or Dylan’s Candy Bar.
What have you given or received for 40th birthday gifts? Readers love finding new ideas so comment below.
And share or please pin this post for future reference!