Hooray for the weekend! There are some amazing sales going on plus I wanted to give you an update on all the helpful reader suggestions for how to keep pesky squirrels out of the my herb and vegetable garden!
First, a list of weekend sales:
Anthropologie: 30% off all clothing, including sale!
J.Crew Factory: 50-60% off everything.
Kendra Scott: Get a free necklace when you spend $100!
Pottery Barn – 25% off sitewide, 20% off furniture, and up to 40% off outdoor furniture.
Smocked Auctions: Take an extra 20% sale with code EXTRA20!
Hacks for Keeping Squirrels Out of Your Garden:
Thanks to all the readers who made these suggestions! Let me know if any of these work for you and definitely do your own research before trying any of these things.
- Dish soap along the edges.
- Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Sprinkle on the soil around the plants! (This has worked for me this week.)
- Motion activated water sprinkler: This helps with both deer and rodents!
- Fake owl statue.
- Fake snakes.
- Plug-in high frequency deterrents in your backyard (if you have somewhere to plug in.) *Lee’s note: check safety of having these in your yard especially if you have children.*
- Chicken wire around the planters
- Window screen mesh – create a little screened-in area with 2×4 and a staple gun.
- If all else fails, get a garden cover.
Any other tips? Please share in the comments below so we can help each other out!