Ready or not, the holiday season is upon us! I started DoSayGive to help women be lovely and gracious in everything they do, say, and give so today I want to share my top 5 gracious etiquette tips for attending holiday parties along with a chic party outfit from Walmart!
Up first, this fun look for holiday parties! If you’re following along on Instagram, you already got a sneak peek at this look. I wore it to a holiday open house when my sister was in town. The top, skirt and heels are all Walmart finds!
How cute is the bow on the back of the top? Love! It comes in several colors, too. Shop it here. Note: the top does run a bit big so size down!
Now, on to my top five gracious etiquette tips for holiday parties…
1. Always RSVP: Always RSVP to any party or gathering you are invited to! Whether it is a verbal invitation, paper invitation or paperless invitation, replying in a timely manner I s the most thoughtful thing we can do for someone planning a party. Try to RSVP as soon as you receive an invitation OR make a note to remind yourself so that You don’t forget.
2. Don’t “drop in” to a seated dinner: There can be so many parties to attend during the holiday season that party hopping is sometimes necessary. But never “drop by” a formal seated dinner. If you cannot attend, just kindly regret.
3. Hold your tongue: It’s the season for peace (not war!) so be gracious in all conversations, even ones with topics you may not agree. And especially if you are a guest in someone’s home. It’s always good to practice the fine art of steering the conversation to a topics that suits the occasion.
4. Always offer your assistance: Many hosts will decline your offer to clean up at the end of a party or bring in dishes from the patio, but it is always gracious to offer to help.
5. Bring a hostess gift: If you are invited into someone’s home this holiday season, bringing a hostess gift is a thoughtful gesture to show your gratitude. The gift doesn’t need to be big or expensive – a standard bottle of wine is fine – but it’s a small gift is a simple way to say thank you!
Be sure to watch my IGTV tonight! I’ll be sharing a new video with more on these tips.