We’ve heard from so many moms that our round-ups of fall clothes for boys and girls made shopping for a new season so easy, so we put together a similar round-up of cute, casual clothes for tween girls. We know that this age can be hard to shop for — especially since many tween girls would prefer to wear t-shirts and athletic shorts 24/7 (that’s what’s “in,” after all)! But for occasions when a t-shirt just won’t do, we’ve curated a mix-and-match tween girl clothing wardrobe that’s perfect for fall. Activities outside, church, school gatherings, family photos, and more. Many of these pieces will easily transition to winter, too!
Click the above collage to shop! Don’t forget to browse our Party & Cotillion Dresses post for tween girls, too!
And below are the brands we love for classic, cute clothes for tween girls — for all occasions!
Favorite Tween Girl Clothing Brands
- J.Crew – A staple, and goes up to a size 16. Whether it’s a cute dress or jeans and a nice top, J.Crew is a great source (especially when you can shop items on sale – almost everything is 40% off right now!). Great for holiday pieces, too.
- J. Crew Factory – They go up to a size 14 in children’s, but start with a a size 00 in adult sizing that fits many tweens. Loving their skirts and denim for fall! This dress is cute, too.
- Nordstrom – One of our go-to source for nicer shoes. Older girls like the Sam Edelman brand and their popular Zella line has a lot of cute items for tweens. How cute are these scalloped leggings and these sets?
- Bella Bliss – Love their classic tops and skirts for tween girls! Also have great pieces for tween boys.
- Eyelet & Ivy – Cute casual clothes and swimsuits up to a size 14/16!
- Athleta Girl — Great shorts, tops, and leggings. This pullover is always a favorite!
- Lululemon — Adult sizing!
- Vineyard Vines – This is another brand for cute tops, nicer shorts, and dresses.
- Neiman Marcus — Often pricey, but Neiman Marcus carries some beautiful occasion dresses.
- Zara — Can find some cute things for tween girls!
- Lilly Pulitzer — They go up to size 16 and have 00 in adult size. Great for church dresses! Lilly is a brand you will pass down to daughters and nieces.
- Bisby — A brand from Little English that fits up to a size 14!
- Florence Eiseman – Dresses that go up to size 16.
- Busy Bees Kids – Up to size 14. They have so many cute dresses, shorts, swimwear, and more.
- Dillard’s — They have a huge selection of dresses!
- Gap – Hit or miss when it comes to appropriate clothing, but you can definitely find some cute things!
- Boden – A British clothing company that makes fabulous casual wear for all ages. Cute dresses.
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Many of the trunk show and special-occasional brands listed in our classic children’s clothing guide go up to a size 12 or 14.
- Bleuet Girl — Bralettes and sports bras for tween girls!
- Simply Southern and any t-shirts, really!
- Nike and Air Force Sneakers
What other “tween” things do you need help with? Outerwear? Skincare? Comment below to help us plan for future posts!