We’ve heard from so many moms that our round-ups of fall clothes for boys and girls made shopping for a new season so easy, so we put together a similar round-up of cute, casual clothes for tween girls. We know that this age can be hard to shop for — especially since many tween girls would prefer to wear t-shirts and athletic shorts 24/7 (that’s what’s “in,” after all)! But for occasions when a t-shirt just won’t do, we’ve curated a mix-and-match tween girl clothing wardrobe that’s perfect for fall. Dinners out, church, fall gatherings, cotillion even. Many of these pieces will easily transition to winter and spring, too!
And below are the brands we love for classic, cute clothes for tween girls — for all occasions!
Favorite Tween Girl Clothing Brands
- Crewcuts – A staple, and goes up to a size 16. Whether it’s a cute dress or white jeans and a nice top, Crewcuts is a great source (especially when you can shop items on sale). Great for holiday, too!
- J. Crew Factory – They go up to a size 14 in children’s, but start with a a size 00 in adult sizing that fits many tweens. These scallop skirts are great with a plain shirt or blouse.
- Vineyard Vines – This is another brand for cute tops, nicer shorts, and dresses.
- Nordstrom – One of go-to source for nicer shoes. Older girls like the Sam Edelman brand.
- Bella Bliss – Love their classic tops and dresses for tween girls! Also have great stuff for tween boys.
- Neiman Marcus — Often pricey, but Neiman’s carries some beautiful occasion dresses. And I’ve spotted some great $50 price range dresses like the pink one above.
- Zara – Can find some cute things for tween girls!
- Lilly Pulitzer – They go up to size 16 and have 00 in adult size. Great for church dresses — and don’t forget about them in the fall because they have great things! Lilly is a brand you will pass down to daughters and nieces.
- Bisby – New brand from Little English that fits up to a size 14!
- Florence Eiseman – Dresses that go up to size 16.
- Busy Bees Kids – Up to size 14. They have so many cute dresses, shorts, swimwear, and more.
- Dillard’s — They have a huge selection of dresses!
- Gap – Hit or miss when it comes to appropriate clothing, but you can definitely find some cute things!
- Boden – A British clothing company that makes fabulous casual wear for all ages. Cute dresses.
- Rose Hill Classics
- Walmart and Target, of course!
- Many of the trunk show and special-occasional brands listed in our classic children’s clothing guide go up to a size 12 or 14.
- Athleta Girl — Great shorts, tops, and leggings.
- Lululemon – Adult sizing!
- Simply Southern and any t shirts really!
- Nike and Air Force Sneakers
What other “tween” things do you need help with? Swimsuits? Skincare? Comment below to help me plan for future posts!