We’ve heard from so many moms that our round-ups of spring clothes for boys and girls made shopping for a new season so easy, so we put together a similar round-up of cute, casual clothes for tween girls. We know that this age can be hard to shop for — especially since many tween girls would prefer to wear t-shirts and athletic shorts 24/7 (that’s what’s “in,” after all)! But for occasions when a t-shirt just won’t do, we’ve curated a mix-and-match tween girl clothing wardrobe that’s perfect for spring. Activities outside, church, spring gatherings, vacations even. Many of these pieces will easily transition to summer, too!
Click the above collage to shop!
And below are the brands we love for classic, cute clothes for tween girls — for all occasions!
Favorite Tween Girl Clothing Brands
- Crewcuts – A staple, and goes up to a size 16. Whether it’s a cute dress or white jeans and a nice top, Crewcuts is a great source (especially when you can shop items on sale). Great for holiday, too!
- J. Crew Factory – They go up to a size 14 in children’s, but start with a a size 00 in adult sizing that fits many tweens.
- Vineyard Vines – This is another brand for cute tops, nicer shorts, and dresses.
- Nordstrom – One of our go-to source for nicer shoes. Older girls like the Sam Edelman brand.
- Bella Bliss – Love their classic tops and dresses for tween girls! Also have great stuff for tween boys.
- Eyelet & Ivy – Cute casual clothes and swimsuits up to a size 14/16!
- Neiman Marcus — Often pricey, but Neiman Marcus carries some beautiful occasion dresses. And I’ve spotted some great $50 price-range dresses like this striped dress.
- Zara — Can find some cute things for tween girls!
- Lilly Pulitzer – They go up to size 16 and have 00 in adult size. Great for church dresses — and every other springtime event! Lilly is a brand you will pass down to daughters and nieces.
- Bisby — A brand from Little English that fits up to a size 14!
- Florence Eiseman – Dresses that go up to size 16.
- Busy Bees Kids – Up to size 14. They have so many cute dresses, shorts, swimwear, and more.
- Dillard’s — They have a huge selection of dresses!
- Gap – Hit or miss when it comes to appropriate clothing, but you can definitely find some cute things!
- Boden – A British clothing company that makes fabulous casual wear for all ages. Cute dresses.
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Many of the trunk show and special-occasional brands listed in our classic children’s clothing guide go up to a size 12 or 14.
- Athleta Girl — Great shorts, tops, and leggings.
- Lululemon — Adult sizing!
- Bleuet Girl – bralettes and sports bras!
- Simply Southern and any t-shirts, really!
- Nike and Air Force Sneakers
What other “tween” things do you need help with? Swimsuits? Skincare? Comment below to help us plan for future posts!