Are you headed to someone else’s house for Thanksgiving this year? A hostess gift is definitely not expected but be such thoughtful gesture. There are lots of fabulous hostess gifts in DoSayGive’s Holiday Gift Guide but today I want to share some hostess ideas that are perfect for Thanksgiving.
Here are some of my favorite small, but thoughtful gifts that you can make or purchase before Thanksgiving Day!
Homemade Garlic & Herb Infused Butter
A delicious and unique herb infused butter is one of my favorite hostess gifts to make and share with others. Although this can be stored for a few weeks, don’t be surprised if the host puts right on the Thanksgiving table!
1 stick of butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp fresh basil, minced
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1 fresh chives, mined
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blend all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with with paddle attachment
2. Place the butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log
3. Refrigerate the butter until hard and holds the shape, at least one hour
4. Remove the butter from plastic wrap
5. Wrap in wax paper, twist the ends and seal with a decorative ribbon on each side.
*This would also be a lovely homemade Christmas gift for neighbors.
Cinnamon Maple Candied Nuts
Something to snack on while everyone waits for the turkey to be done! Deliver the candied nuts in a beautiful bowl or paper box that they can enjoy on that day and future celebrations. Candied nuts are simple and easy to make and add a beautiful addition to any dessert table.
3 Cups Assorted Nuts (Pecans, Almonds + Cashews)
1 Tbsp Water
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar for garnish
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients except for the nuts
2. Stir all the ingredients until sugar and spices have dissolved
3. Add the nuts to the sugar syrup and stir until fully coated
4. Continue stirring on low heat until all of the syrup is dissolved
5. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the nuts onto a parchment lined baking sheet
6. Sprinkle the nuts with cinnamon sugar and allow to cool completely
Favorite Bottle of Wine
Wine is always a great hostess gift and I love dressing it up with these cute wine tags and from Brake Ink!
Classic Thanksgiving Books for Children
If the hosts have children, consider bringing a few picture books about Thanksgiving. A unique hostess gift but so thoughtful!
Extra disposable cups are super handy when there are lot of people staying in the home. Such a fun way to say thank you, a casual thankful styrofoam cup for all the guest to use while sipping on your favorite cocktail or coffee.
Perfect for your Friendsgiving hostess! Just love these Joy Creative Shop gratitude journals. You could even start a tradition to write down what everyone is thankful for each year; save the journal for next year!
A Turkey Wreath is a wonderful edible gift to bring along to a gathering the day after Thanksgiving. Or offer to make if you are staying in someone’s home. Ink Foods has created the Turkey Wreath so that every last morsel of your Thanksgiving meal can be enjoyed. The turkey pecan wreath, made with crescent dough, and filled with turkey and other leftovers, is a creative idea that will change your holiday tradition. Add any of your favorite Thanksgiving menu items to make this wreath your own.
File away this post by pinning this photo!