It’s that time of year when we need to start thinking how to thank the people that help us all year long. Today’s posts shares suggested amounts for holiday tipping plus who exactly you should be tipping!
Here are the people you might want to thank this year:
- Nannies, day care workers, adult caregivers, and regular babysitters
- Hair stylists, nail technicians, and estheticians
- Dog groomers and walkers
- Mail and package deliverers
- Yard and handymen
- Trash collectors
- Coaches and private trainers
We created this handy holiday tipping graphic (pin it to remember it!) with suggested tipping amounts and when it’s appropriate just to give a gift. In many cases, we suggest graciously tipping the amount equal to one service or one week’s pay (see below). Of course, anything is appreciated but think of these tips as part of the person’s year end bonus.
A few gracious suggestions:
- Write a note of thanks along with a tip.
- Include a small gift for those extra special people (something homemade or see ideas below)
- Give cash if possible.
Visit DoSayGive’s Holiday Gift Guide for more great ideas!