Do you ever experience something in a restaurant and try to recreate it at home? I do this all the time! The first place I go to help me is eBay. Today I am excited to show how you can find everything for your home, garden – and kitchen – on eBay!
This post is sponsored by eBay. Thanks for supporting the brands I love!
Mercat Bistro in Dallas is the quaintest little bistro with the prettiest linens and yummiest food. I am a francophile at heart so just adore everything about this restaurant, including their signature “péché mignon” cocktail. I found all the things I needed to recreate their bistro look and their spritzy summer cocktail on eBay.
Most items on eBay these days are new in box items so finding wine glasses and the ice molds to make the cocktail was super easy. And I have to mention this: the best investment for home entertaining is a 6′ folding table. (Or two!) You can use it when you need extra seating or another place to serve food or set up a bar. You can get new on eBay with free shipping here.
But I love that eBay also sources the hard-to-find pieces you can’t just go grab at your local big box store. Things like these brass candlesticks that I’ve used so much for entertaining. Also items like antique linen tablecloths, linen french striped hand towels (which I use as napkins), and white ceramic pitchers that make fresh summer flowers from the grocery store look like something you’d see in a Paris bistro. All these finds are things that I use again and again for decor and entertaining.
The péché mignon cocktail is the perfect summer cocktail because it consists of a (large!) frozen ice ball full of summer fruits and juice. The piece de resistance comes when you pour champagne over the ice sphere. It’s so fun for guests to watch and is a sure conversation starter!
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup peaches, diced (if you aren’t a big peach person, you can just do 1 cup of pineapple)
- 6 oz raspberries
- 2 oz blueberries (or blackberries if that’s what you have!)
- 10 mint leaves
- Champagne, sparkling wine, or white wine (whatever you have or whatever you love!)
- Orange juice
- Muddle the pineapple and peaches. Add raspberries and muddle again. Add whole blueberries. (Don’t want to muddle those because they look pretty in the cocktail!)
- Spoon the fruit mix into the sphere molds. Tip: I used 2.5″ molds for one big sphere but you can use smaller molds or a regular ice cube tray and put multiple ice cubes into the glass.
- Add a mint leaf to each mold. Put the top on the mold and fill with orange juice.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from mold (warm water helps!) and carefully place a frozen ball in each wine glass. Fill with favorite white or sparkling wine.
SO tasty and so lovely to look at, too! I would love to see how your recreation of this Dallas favorite turns out. Let me know if y’all try the recipe and take a picture and tag @dosaygive on Instagram so I can see!
P.S. eBay is having their End of the Season Sale! There are so many new items with great discounts available in the sale. These Frye booties (66% off), these Stuart Weitzman pumps, and these leather slides are all some of my top picks. If you are in the market for new outdoor furniture, be sure to check out this section of the sale, too.