The biggest and best sale of the year starts soon! = I am sharing all the details you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale including the 10 best buys in the sale every year. These are things I never regret buying!
If you’ve followed DoSayGive the past five years you know I provide super detailed and helpful guides to this amazing sale. My goal is to show you the absolute best stuff so you don’t have to browse through the thousands of items. This year will be no different. My team and I will be researching the best sale finds and posting right here on DoSayGive.comMake sure you subscribe to DoSayGive’s emails so you don’t miss these guides.
To give you a heads up on some of the BEST finds every year I am sharing 10 things that I never regret buying in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I focus my purchases on things I am going to buy anyway – so why not get up to 40% off?!
Before I get to my favorites, let me share a few details about the sale:
Why is this sale so great??
Well, it’s all new fall and winter merchandise marked down up to 40% off. Many things that you are going to buy anyway – but at a major discount. When the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends, prices go back up.
When does the sale start??
Here are the key dates:
Tuesday, July 9th – In store shopping starts for Nordstrom cardholders with ICON status.
Thursday, July 11th – Pre-sale access for Nordstrom cardholders with ICON or Ambassador Status starts online and in store.
Friday, July 12th : Early Access Opens! Nordstrom cardholders get early access to the sale, both in store and online. If you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card you can still apply for one to shop the sale early. The past few years many of the hottest items sold out completely during this early access period and were not restocked. Right now you get a $60 Nordstrom Note if you apply.
Friday, July 19th: Sale Opens to the Public – Sale opens to the public, in store and online.
August 4th – Sale ends. Prices go up on August 5th!
Best Tip for Shopping the Sale?
As said above, Nordstrom cardholders get access to the best stuff and the most sizing options. Apply here if you want to get one before the sale. Also, don’t hesitate if you see something you love because chances are it will sell out. With free shipping and free returns, I find it’s better to buy online and return what doesn’t work.
If you have a Nordstrom in your city, use the buy online, pick up in store option to avoid searching for items among the crowds.
What do I buy every year?
I’ve learned to be very strategic about what I buy in this sale. Here are 10 things I never regret buying and you won’t either.
1. Kids Athletic and Back to School Shoes – You’re going to have to buy these for school anyway, so might as well get 30-40% off, right? Every year I buy all my girls a pair of Nikes or Adidas (and Keds for the little ones) for the upcoming year and I am always so glad I did when the school year rolls around.
2. Designer Jeans – You don’t want to miss out on the incredible prices on the best denim brands. Paige, FRAME, DL 1961, and Citizen of Humanity just to name a few. Again better to order a few sizes and send back what doesn’t work to avoid missing a great deal. I picked up these FRAME jeans last year that have a cute slit on the side and I am still wearing them! Definitely take advantage of the discount on best selling denim brands.
3. Popular Winter Coats and Fleeces – This is the absolute BEST time to purchase brands like Barbour for men and beautiful wool coats for women (think ahead holiday gifts!) as well as popular brands like North Face and Patagonia. I don’t like paying full-price for these brands so love when I find them in the Nordstrom sale. I will have a roundup of my favorite ones the first day.
4. Trend Boots/Booties and Shoes – Designer styles from Stuart Weitzman and Tory Burch will sell fast, but don’t forget the trend boots that you can get for $50-100 like the Vince Camuto booties that they have had the past few years. I also love my Sam Edelman leopard print flats. I have worn them all year! I’ll be sharing my favorites in my sale posts. Oh and they always have Hunter boots in the sale!
5. High-End Beauty Tools – Last year there was a great deal on the popular Glo Pro that I use. I’m so glad I bought my Drybar curling iron a few years ago and it has been life-changing! I am hoping there will be a deal on the Dyson hair dryer this year!
6. Fall Tops and Blouses – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale always has great on-trend and basic wardrobe blouses and tees marked down in the $20-50 price range. Yes, it’s odd to shop for fall clothes in July but so worth it! I get so much wear out of the tops and sweaters I buy in the sale each year. On the subject of clothes, the sale is the PERFECT time to stock up on clothes for your husband. My husband likes the affordable Nordstrom SMARTCARE line of dress shirts and some are sure to be part of the sale.
7. Handbags – Tory Burch and Rebecca Minkoff always have some great bags in the sale. But there are so many great affordable bags.
8. Beauty Sets – The special edition value sets that are part of the sale really are always an amazing value. You can count on Charlotte Tillbury, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, and all your favorite brands to have something in this sale. I’ll be sure to outline my faves in an upcoming post. I usually buy at least one set during the sale.
9. Holiday Gifts – I’m always thinking about gifts I can stash away in the gift closet. Barefoot Dreams always has a cardigan in the sale (and they go FAST!). They make a great gift for just about any female. The Voluspa candles were an amazing 40% off deal last year and many of y’all stocked up for teacher gifts. Cashmere scarves and sweaters are always a great Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchase. Lots of jewelry and cute stocking stuffers. I have so many readers that stock up on these things during the sale.
10. High-End Undergarments and Loungewear – Every year my favorite bra ever is on sale during the sale. (Note: I am small chested and go up two cup sizes on this bra.) Bras are expensive, but we need them so why not buy on sale up to 40% off? It’s also a great time to stock up on panties. I bought these one size fits all panties last year and am hooked. They don’t show lines! Last year I picked up these Nordstrom brand pajamas and they are some of my favorites! They come in a long set and short set. I will definitely pick up another pair and maybe a few as gifts!
One last thing I forgot to mention: baby gear! There are always several great stroller and car seat deals and other baby essentials included in the sale. I will highlight all of them in my easy-to-shop posts so make sure you are subscribed to DoSayGive emails so you don’t miss them!
Checkout the #NSALE catalog here!
Make sure to pin this post and follow along on our Nordstrom Sale Pinterest board to make sure you don’t miss a beat of our #NSALE coverage this year!